CME Fee Structure

Eresah Carr
At Children's Health, we currently do not have a fee structure for the planning and implementation of our annual conferences.  We are in the process of exploring the idea of establishing a fee structure for the services that we provide.  I have in mind what we would like to charge for, however, I am curious as to what other CME organizations are charging for their conferences.  Anyone willing to share?

Re: CME Fee Structure

Chris Ralls
We've also explored the idea, although never actually implemented anything. I developed a points-based matrix based on certain parameters of our larger activities. The number of points would determine the fee. The parameters I took into consideration were Activity Scope (based on location of audience - Internal, Regional, National, International), Length of event (in days), # of participants, # of planners and presenters, commercial support (yes or no), and if the event is less than a few months away (this was basically adding points to expedite the approval of an activity). The number of total points would determine the fee.
Chris Ralls
Houston Methodist
cralls@houstonmethodist.org
713.441.4715